FRANCE: Marie Brizard posts EUR4.3m loss for 2001
Turnover in 2001 decreased by 5.7% to EUR220.6m ($199m). The company reported a EUR13.5m ($12.2m) operating profit for 2001, representing a 36% improvement from last year, which was attributed to a two-year cost reduction programme.
2002 is expected to be a year of consolidation and return to growth for Marie Brizard, said chairman Eric Brousse. The company saw turnover in the first quarter of 2002 drop by 4%, while sales in the fourth quarter of 2001 had fallen by 18.6%.
Companies: Marie Brizard
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research