FRANCE: Marie Brizard posts EUR4.3m loss for 2001
Turnover in 2001 decreased by 5.7% to EUR220.6m ($199m). The company reported a EUR13.5m ($12.2m) operating profit for 2001, representing a 36% improvement from last year, which was attributed to a two-year cost reduction programme.
2002 is expected to be a year of consolidation and return to growth for Marie Brizard, said chairman Eric Brousse. The company saw turnover in the first quarter of 2002 drop by 4%, while sales in the fourth quarter of 2001 had fallen by 18.6%.
Companies: Marie Brizard
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research