FRANCE: Marie Brizard ponders HQ shift – report
Marie Brizard is set to move its headquarters, according to reports.
French newspaper Les Echos said earlier this week that the company, which is owned by fellow French company Belvedere, will shift its head office from Bordeaux to Ivry-sur-Seine in Val-de-Marne.
Up to 87 of the office's 660 employees will be affected by the move, the paper said, although they will all be offered alternative employment.
Marie Brizard is also set to discontinue production in Bordeaux, moving operations to its Lormont and Zizurkil plants, the paper added.
No-one was immediately available to confirm the report when contacted by just-drinks today (23 January).
Belvedere bought Marie Brizard in 2005, when it secured a 69.3% stake in the spirits producer in a deal worth EUR320m (US$428m). In September last year, Belvedere sold off Marie Brizard's Pulco brand of fruit concentrates and Sirop Sport cordial line to Orangina Group for EUR178m.
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Belvédère is "working on various solutions" to correct an issue that has led to its voluntary trading suspension....
Belvédère has been suspended from trading on the French stock exchange, at its own request, as of Friday (20 June), until after a shareholder meeting to be held this coming Friday....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018