FRANCE: Marie Brizard in Pitters acquisition talks
Bordeaux-based drinks group Marie Brizard has confirmed it is currently in "exclusive takeover talks" with the shareholders of William Pitters International.
Owned by UK investment group Duke St Capital, Marie Brizard has a range of products complementary to that of William Pitters. The takeover would provide scope for Brizard to strengthen its presence in the supermarket sector where it suffered a serious reverse at the start of the decade when it lost its contract with Grant's.
With a number of issues still to be resolved, analysts do not see a deal being struck before February next year. The possibility of a higher bid coming in for William Pitters has not been totally ruled out.
Over the past few months, insurance group Axa, and industry players such as La Martiniquaise and Angostura, are reported to have also expressed an interest in William Pitters.
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research