FRANCE: Marie Brizard H1 profits rise
Marie Brizard et Roger International has posted a rise in profits for the first half of this year. The French drinks and spirits group said yesterday (27 October) that net profit for the six-month period increased by 6.9% on the corresponding period a year ago to EUR6.2m (US$7.5m).
Operating profit, meanwhile, leapt by 77.3% to EUR11.7m on the back of revenue increases of 12.9% year-on-year to EUR159.4m. The steep rise was credited to the integration of French spirits producer and distributor William Pitters International from 1 March. Excluding this integration, turnover dipped by 3.5%.
Marie Brizard is owned by UK investment group Duke Street Capital.
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks