FRANCE: Margaux plans China roadshow
Bordeaux's first growth Château Margaux has taken to the road on its first official promotional tour of China.
Owner Corinne Mentzelopoulos, and director Paul Pontallier left Bordeaux today (24 October) for an eight-day tour of China. They will visit the cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.
Mentzelopoulos and Pontallier will host tastings and dinners, and meet with importers. "We are promoting Margaux to an emerging market," said Joanna Loubet at Château Margaux. Several Bordeaux négociants are also on the trip.
Corinne Mentzelopoulos has been owner of Margaux since 2003, when she bought out the Agnelli Group.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018