ITALY: Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi appoints new president
Italian wine group Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi has appointed a new president, as its eyes Asia's emerging markets.
Lamberto Frescobaldi will replace his uncle, Leonardo Frescobaldi, as head of the Tuscany-based producer, it announced yesterday (11 September). Leonardo has been head of the group for six years.
Lamberto, who is the 30th generation of the family to run the firm, said: “My main goal is to continue the successful direction of the company in both traditional markets, such as the US, and take advantage of the emerging ones, such as Asia.”
Last year the company appointed two new executives to help boost its presence in the US.
Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi, founded in the 14th century, owns nine wine estates totalling around 1,100 hectares.
The Future of the US Alcoholic Drinks Packaging to 2017
The Future of the US Alcoholic Drinks Packaging to 2017 is a data only report providing extensive and highly detailed time series consumption data on primary and outer packaging in the market...read more
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research