US/ITALY: Marchesi de' Frescobaldi aims for US growth with new appointments
Italian wine producer Marchesi de' Frescobaldi is aiming to boost its US presence with two key appointments.
Alessandro Lunardi has been promoted to the role of director for the US & South America, while Galen Crippin has been hired externally as US export manager, the company said late last week. Lunardi will oversee the Ornellaia, Luce della Vite and Attems brands in North and South America. Crippin, meanwhile, will be responsible for the Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi and Danzante brands.
The two will manage their respective portfolios in partnership with US importer Folio Fine Wine Partners, the group said.
Lunardi first joined Frescobaldi as Luce della Vite US "brand champion" in 1997. Prior to his new role, he was director for the full Frescobaldi portfolio.
Crippin previously worked for Wirtz Beverage and most recently for Vias Imports as a regional manager, before joing Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends