US/ITALY: Marchesi de' Frescobaldi aims for US growth with new appointments
Italian wine producer Marchesi de' Frescobaldi is aiming to boost its US presence with two key appointments.
Alessandro Lunardi has been promoted to the role of director for the US & South America, while Galen Crippin has been hired externally as US export manager, the company said late last week. Lunardi will oversee the Ornellaia, Luce della Vite and Attems brands in North and South America. Crippin, meanwhile, will be responsible for the Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi and Danzante brands.
The two will manage their respective portfolios in partnership with US importer Folio Fine Wine Partners, the group said.
Lunardi first joined Frescobaldi as Luce della Vite US "brand champion" in 1997. Prior to his new role, he was director for the full Frescobaldi portfolio.
Crippin previously worked for Wirtz Beverage and most recently for Vias Imports as a regional manager, before joing Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends