US/ITALY: Marchesi de' Frescobaldi aims for US growth with new appointments
Italian wine producer Marchesi de' Frescobaldi is aiming to boost its US presence with two key appointments.
Alessandro Lunardi has been promoted to the role of director for the US & South America, while Galen Crippin has been hired externally as US export manager, the company said late last week. Lunardi will oversee the Ornellaia, Luce della Vite and Attems brands in North and South America. Crippin, meanwhile, will be responsible for the Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi and Danzante brands.
The two will manage their respective portfolios in partnership with US importer Folio Fine Wine Partners, the group said.
Lunardi first joined Frescobaldi as Luce della Vite US "brand champion" in 1997. Prior to his new role, he was director for the full Frescobaldi portfolio.
Crippin previously worked for Wirtz Beverage and most recently for Vias Imports as a regional manager, before joing Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research