UK: Marblehead lines up brand-launches, post-Zubrowka
Marblehead Brand Development is looking to develop its own Polish flavoured-vodka range, once it loses the UK distribution rights for Zubrowka to William Grant & Sons' First Drinks division.
The company has released Davna Czeri (cherry) in the UK, and is looking to add a honey version in the coming months. An unflavoured Davna will follow in 2013.
Business development director Dave Steward said Marblehead would create more brands of its own brands after being stung by the exit of Zubrowka, the UK rights for which First Drinks has won as a replacement for Russian Standard.
Marblehead is also relaunching its wholly-owned Skipper rum with new packakging and will release an Overporoof version later in the year.
Davna and Skipper will launch in the US in the autumn.
“We’re looking to develop the company from a UK-based distribution company into an international brand development business,” said Steward.
Additions to the portfolio will include agency brands as well as NPD, with gin a likely target.
“I’d like a Champagne because even though it’s not a spirit, it’s marketed like a spirit, very much brand-driven,” Steward added.
This month's sermon from Ian Buxton looks at the ongoing issue of polarisation in the overall spirits category. He starts and finishes with two quotes, from two wildly disparate sources....
Central European Distribution Corp has hailed a welcome distraction from its recent troubles, with its Zubrowka vodka brand names as the fastest-growing spirits brand last year....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research