AUS: Managing director switch at Diageo Australia
The Australian unit of Diageo has confirmed details of a change of managing director.
Diageo Australia said yesterday (7 May) that Tim Salt will assume the position from 1 July. Salt, who was previously managing director for Lion Nathan's RTD brands, replaces Eleanor Craig as head of Diageo Australia. Craig is expected to stay within Diageo's global business, the company told just-drinks, although "her exact position has not been announced as yet".
Salt has been with Campbell Arnott's for the past five years in a variety of roles, most recently in the role of general manager Arnott's.
"Until Tim takes over, Eleanor Craig will continue to lead the Diageo Australia business," The unit said. "We look forward to introducing Tim to the drinks trade press once he has joined."
Consumer markets may be bracing themselves for the impact of the economic downturn, but Patrón Spirits Company has no intention of being deflected from its marketing-led growth strategy. In this month...
Scroll down to view the top 10 stories published on just-drinks this week....
An economic slowdown has caused more US consumers to trade down on drinks, but figures show that the premium spirits category remains buoyant, Diageo executives have said....
Diageo has refused to comment on speculation that it is planning to exit its joint venture with Radico Khaitan in India....
Diageo has launched a GBP25m global marketing campaign for Baileys, intended to deliver "significant growth" for the liqueur over the next three years....
Diageo is exploring ways to improve its presence in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, which prohibits the sale of alcoholic drinks bottled outside its borders....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Light drinking during pregnancy does not raise the risk of behavioural or mental problems in children, new research suggests....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets