US: Management shuffle, dividend payment at Coca-Cola Co.
The Coca-Cola Company has confirmed its latest dividend payments and announced two senior management appointments.
The soft drinks giant, which earlier this week posted a 10% lift in third quarter operating profit, said yesterday (18 October) that it will pay US$0.34 per common share for the third quarter. The payment will be made on 15 December to shareholders of record as of 1 December.
At the same time, Coca-Cola appointed Joseph Tripodi a senior vice president. Tripodi, who joined the company in August, leads Coca-Cola's global marketing and commercial organisations. He is also responsible for coordinating and leading the company's strategic direction in commercial leadership.
Meanwhile, former US Secretary of Labor, Alexis Herman has been elected a director of the company with immediate effect. Herman is the current chair and CEO of New Ventures, chair of the Diversity Advisory Board of Toyota Motor Sales, USA., and is a member of the boards of directors of Cummins, Entergy Corporation and MGM Mirage. She served as chairwoman of Coca-Cola's Human Resources Task Force from 2001 to 2006.
On Wednesday, Coca-Cola said that operating profit for the three months to the end of September reached $1.83bn, on the back of a 19% lift in sales to $7.69bn. Net profit was also up in the period, by 13% to $1.65bn.
If Coca-Cola Company CEO Neville Isdell thought the impending end of his tenure would allow him to bow out of his last AGM as CEO peacefully, he would have been sorely disappointed....
The Coca-Cola Co. will continue to sponsor the torch relay as part of the run-up to the summer Olympics in Beijing, despite protesters opposed to China's policies in Tibet....
The Coca-Cola Co. has been given the go-ahead by the Indian government to invest in its soft drinks arm in India....
The board of directors of The Coca-Cola Company yesterday (17 April) declared a regular quarterly dividend of 38 cents per common share. The dividend is payable 1 July 2008, to shareowners of record a...
The Coca-Cola Co. has reported a lift in quarterly profit due to strong international sales offsetting slower sales in North America's "challenging economic climate"....
Moscow police are looking for the murderers of the Russian Juice Producers Union's president, who was beaten to death by masked attackers last weekend, according to local reports....
Cadbury Schweppes has issued a first quarter trading update, whilst maintaining that the demerger of its US soft drinks business remains on schedule....
Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) has introduced a limited edition vintage Coca-Cola bottle based on a design used in the early twentieth century....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research