AUSTRALIA: Management shake-up at Beringer Blass
Foster's Group has announced changes among the senior management of Beringer Blass Wine Estates. The changes are due to take place with immediate effect.
The current managing director of Trade Asia Pacific, Jamie Odell, will be the new Global Trade chief operating officer, with responsibility for BBWE's global wine trade operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, and global supply chain management. Odell will continue to oversee management of BBWE's wine services division.
In a statement, Foster's said: "The new wine trade leadership team builds on BBWE's strategy to establish strong geographic bases from which to drive the wine trade business throughout the world.
"The creation of a global trade leadership role adds to this model, providing a dedicated global management focus to facilitate global brand building and to deliver continued supply chain efficiencies and enhancements on returns on capital employed."
Dan Leese has been appointed to the newly-created role of Trade Americas managing director in North America. The former Americas president, Jim Watkins, will be leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.
Randolph Bowen will become the new Global Supply Chain vice president.
At the end of December last year, Foster's saw its profit forecast cut by ABN Amro. The broker felt that the under-performance of Beringer Blass in the US would hit the group's profits.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review