GLOBAL: Management runaround at Maxxium Worldwide
The global distribution company said today (23 July) that Donard Gaynor will take over from current chairman, Ketil Eriksen, president of V&S Absolut Spirits, following the completion of his two-year chairmanship.
The company also announced that several other board changess. Edrington's Richard Hunter will be the new chairman of Maxxium's finance committee, while Jean-Marie Laborde from Remy Cointreau will be chairman of the Human Resources Committee. V&S' Andreas Berggren, meanwhile, will be chairman of the Maxxium operating committee and Edrington's Bill Farrar will take the role of chairman of the Maxxium transition committee, set up late last year to oversee Maxxium's transition strategy following Rémy-Cointreau's announcement that it will leave Maxxium in March 2009.
Maxxium CEO Ben Van Doesburgh said: "The changes to the Maxxium supervisory board further reflect the commitment of all our shareholders and re-enforces the fact that we continue to focus on the success and growth of Maxxium. It is business as usual."
All personnel changes took place at the beginning of July, Maxxium noted.
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Cobra Beer has announced its first ever brewery acquisition....
Central European Distribution Corp. has plans to raise its full year 2008 net sales guidance in response to rising consumer demand for premium imported spirits and wines....
Scottish & Newcastle has demanded that Carlsberg agree to the publication of confidential data on their joint brewing venture "as a condition of recommendation"....
Foster's Group and Grupo Modelo have extended their exclusive license for Foster's to sell and market the Corona Extra brand in Australia....
Scottish & Newcastle has finally agreed to discussions with Carlsberg and Heineken over a proposed takeover....
Naked Juice Co. has signed a multi-year distribution agreement with the Starbucks Coffee Co. to serve four of its Naked Juice drinks in 7,000 of its coffee houses across the US....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets