US: Management changes at NDC
National Distributing Company (NDC), the US beverage alcohol distributor, has announced strategic management changes in two of its nine markets: South Carolina and Virginia.
Joe Gigliotti, executive vice president/general manger of the NDC - Springfield, Virginia, has been promoted to president/general manager for all of Virginia and will relocate to the NDC Sandston location (in southern Virginia). Furthermore, NDC will consolidate its northern and southern Virginia operations into one statewide operation headquartered in Sandston, effective May 1, 2004.
Charlie Bradford, current executive vice president/general manager of the Sandston location, has been promoted to president/general manager of NDC South Carolina.
Bradford will replace Alan Wolf, vice president/director of sales for NDC South Carolina, who is retiring.
"Alan grew our South Carolina operation from its inception to become a competitive force within the state. We appreciate his dedication and professionalism for his more than 20 years of service. He will be missed, and we wish him all the best in his retirement," said Charlie Andrews, president and COO of NDC. Wolf's retirement is effective March 15, 2004.
"We believe that these changes within each of these designated markets will ensure our growth and efficiency for the future," added Andrews.
The Bradford and Gigliotti appointments will be effective the week of March 1, 2004.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
In an effort to continue to strengthen its fine wine portfolio, National Distributing Company (NDC) - the US's fourth largest beverage alcohol distributing company - has purchased 100% of the stock of...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends