FRANCE: Management changes at Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët
While Didier Mariotti was today (23 May) promoted to the post of 'Chef de Cave' at Mumm, the group has also added Mariotti and Hervé Deschamps, fellow Chef de Cave at Perrier-Jouët, to its management board.
"One of the Pernod Ricard's strengths is an ability to identify and develop talented individuals within its organisation," Lionel Breton, president of the Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët Group, said. "We're delighted to announce the appointment of Didier Mariotti. He is a very talented young winemaker with a bright future and his appointment will ensure a smooth continuity of excellence at Champagne G.H. Mumm.
"The appointment of Hervé Deschamps, 'Chef de Cave' at Champagne Perrier Jouët, to the management board is also recognition of his creative skills in hand-crafting every 'cuvée' produced by the House of Perrier-Jouët for almost 23 years."
Mariotti, 35, began his career at Moët & Chandon, then moved to Nicolas Feuillatte, where he became Chef de Cercle at the age of 28. He joined Mumm as assistant Chef de Cave in 2003.
"Building international brands is central to the group's premiumisation strategy, and it's also the only sensible way for us as Champagne makers to add value to our 'cuvées' in the longer term," Breton concluded.
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) has had to postpone its plans to publish self-regulatory guidelines on drinks sponsorship because of a failure to find consensus on the subject. Ben ...
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine's. Brand director Peter...
Pernod Ricard has quelled speculation that its talks with Soyuzplodimport have reached an "advanced" stage....
Havana Club International is to launch a brand extension in the UK....
Beam Wine Estates, part of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has announced the appointment of Christopher Lynch as chief marketing officer, with effect from January....
The former chairman of Allied Domecq has joined UK-based wine merchant Berry Bros & Rudd....
John Smith's has extended its sponsorship of the Grand National horse race....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets