UK: Man kidnapped as £135,000 of whisky taken
A lorry driver was kidnapped for nine hours after his lorry containing close to £135,000 of whisky was hijacked near Lockerbie in Scotland yesterday. The driver was later released in Worcestershire in England and the lorry recovered in Humberside, but the whisky, which included large quantities of Grants, Glenfiddich Special Reserve and Balvenie whisky was gone.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory