US: Malibu to up advertising profile in US
Malibu has unveiled plans for a promotional push this summer in the US.
The campaign will include TV, radio and trade print advertising during the summer, while retailers will be offered a consumer sampling programme, which will be available to support national on-trade initiatives.
In addition, Malibu will also run a 'Taste the Island Life' consumer sweepstakes program where consumers can win a trip to Barbados, the home of Malibu Rum. Sweepstakes entry will be available via in-store tear pads or through www.malibutrip.com.
"The rum category is growing and full of opportunity, and Malibu is poised to capitalise on that momentum this summer," said Michelle Riley, malibu brand director, Pernod Ricard USA.
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine's. Brand director Peter...
A major takeover, persistent speculation about further acquisitions and most recently a legal wrangle with a prominent competitor over the ownership of a key brand have made the past year or so fairly...
India's UB Group and Russian vodka producer Russian Standard have signed a deal that will see the companies distribute each other's products in their respective markets....
Rum producer J Wray & Nephew has appointed David McConnell as managing director of the company's global marketing division....
Tia Maria has tied up with upcoming rom-com 'The Holiday'....
Pernod Ricard has rolled out a 16-year-old cask strength single malt for its flagship Scotch whisky The Glenlivet....
Fifteen beverage alcohol producers in the US have paid a combined US$2.3m to settle a probe into rebates and gifts given to retailers to market their products in New York....
The acquisition of rum producer Cruzan and the purchase of a stake in Beam Global Spirits & Wine has hit nine-month earnings at V&S Group....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research