UK: Maker’s Mark hails taxi ad campaign
Maker's Mark bourbon has announced its UK advertising debut.
The six-month campaign, which begins this month, will see the spirit feature exclusively on a fleet of 45 London taxis.
"Known as 'Waxi's', reflecting the unique hand dipped wax finish that adorns all Maker's Mark bottles, the campaign will reach in excess of 1m target consumers who will see the campaign on average 26 times across the UK's capital," the company said on Friday (17 March).
The campaign also includes the use of back-facing 'tip seats' inside the taxis, which will be used to display details of selected outlets where Maker's Mark is available. Bottle-shaped customer receipts also feature as part of the campaign execution.
"Targeting current American Whisky drinkers, the new campaign forms part of integrated approach to the UK market," said Maker's Mark UK marketing manager Gareth Brown. "Created to build awareness and communicate the positioning of Maker's Mark, the 'Waxi's' will play an important role in the creation of long-term brand equity, whilst supporting our strategy of building demand ahead of supply."
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages