USA: Major Texas Beverage Alcohol Wholesaler, Glazer's, Announces New Louisiana Branch President
The Glazer Family of Companies announced today that Scott Rawlings will be the new president of The Glazer Companies of Louisiana effective August 7. Rawlings has been with Glazer's for over ten years and moves from his position as Regional Vice President over South Texas in Houston.The Louisiana business was established by The Glazer Family of Companies in 1943 and now employs over 500 people in the state. The company has four locations in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Shreveport, and New Orleans. Rawlings will work in the New Orleans headquarters office."We are very pleased to have Scott presiding in Louisiana," said Barkley Stuart, Executive Vice President of The Glazer's Family of Companies. "With such dramatic growth in Louisiana, I believe Rawlings is the perfect person to lead our Louisiana company in continuing to form strong, lasting partnerships with suppliers and our customers."The Glazer Companies of Louisiana has purchased five companies in the state over the last five years.Prior to joining Glazer's in 1990, Rawlings was with the Brown Forman Corporation. He graduated from East Tennessee State University in 1984 with a degree in Business Management. Rawlings will move to Louisiana with his wife Laura and their two children.Rawlings will succeed Shawn Thurman as President in Louisiana who is being transferred to Dallas to assume the position of Vice President of Business Development. Robert Qualls will assume Rawlings' responsibilities as Regional Vice President of South Texas, moving from his position in Austin as Regional Vice President over Central and West Texas. Qualls will retain responsibility for West Texas.The Glazer Family of Companies was established in 1933 and is a leading distributor of distilled spirits, wines, and malt beverages. Glazer's serves licensed resellers, with branches in eight states including Ohio, Missouri, Louisiana, Iowa, Indiana, Arkansas, Arizona, and Texas. Headquarters are based in Dallas, Texas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends