UK: Majestic Wine silent on lawsuit
Majestic Wine, the UK wine retailer, has declined to comment on a report that it faces a lawsuit from a wine critic in the UK.
A report on wine publication Decanter.com this week said that Majestic is being sued for GBP50,000 by wine critic Martin Isark, for misuse of a tasting note.
A spokesperson for Majestic declined to comment on the matter when contacted by just-drinks last night (17 November).
Separately, just-drinks understands from a source familiar with the situation that Isark is claiming damages from Majestic. However, even if awarded, the sum being sought is not expected to have a material impact on the company.
Earlier this week, Majestic reported a 9% rise in half-year profits.
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research