UK: Majestic Wine cuts minimum purchase rule
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has halved its minimum purchase requirement from 12 bottles to six as it looks to maintain sales in the recession.
From today (1 September), shoppers will be able to buy cases of six bottles from Majestic, marking a significant loosening of the retailer's business policy.
"Reducing the minimum purchase makes Majestic even more accessible to both current and new customers," said the retailer, which has trialled the six-bottle policy in select stores over the past year.
It will maintain a 12-bottle policy for website purchases and customers will get free delivery when purchasing 12 bottles or more.
In June, Majestic said it would continue its store expansion plan, despite posting a slide in full-year profits.
Online wine sales have "come of age" according to the commercial director of UK wine retailer Laithwaites, which has launched a new website to take advantage of the trend....
Majestic Wine, the UK wine retailer, has reported a double digit rise in sales for the key Christmas trading period....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman