UK: Majestic reports "pleasing" Christmas trading
UK wine retailer Majestic saw sales rise over 4% during the Christmas period, the company said today (3 January).
Majestic said like-for-like UK sales rose 4.4% during the nine weeks from 31 October to 1 January.
Chief executive Tim How said: "We are pleased with our sales over the Christmas period. Wines from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Spain and New Zealand sold particularly well and Champagne sales continued to grow strongly."
The figures represent continued growth at Majestic, which in November said UK sales had risen 6% during the first half of the year.
Half-year pre-tax profits jumped 17% to GBP6.5m (US$12.8m) thanks to rising sales of fine wines, the company said.
Majestic Wine has reported a good start to the new financial year due to sales of fine wines contributing to company growth....
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has recruited a new national account manager for the off-trade in its UK sales force....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Majestic Brands has brought California Cooler back to the US market....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a sparkling wine offering in the UK from its Montana wine brand....
Wines of South Africa (WOSA) has appointed a new manager for the UK market....
UK wine retailer Majestic saw pre-tax profits leap 17% to GBP6.5m (US$12.4m) for the first half of the year, as its fine wine sales grew strongly....
Chilean wine producer Viña Ventisquero has upped its presence on the UK high street....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research