UK: Majestic reports "pleasing" Christmas trading
UK wine retailer Majestic saw sales rise over 4% during the Christmas period, the company said today (3 January).
Majestic said like-for-like UK sales rose 4.4% during the nine weeks from 31 October to 1 January.
Chief executive Tim How said: "We are pleased with our sales over the Christmas period. Wines from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Spain and New Zealand sold particularly well and Champagne sales continued to grow strongly."
The figures represent continued growth at Majestic, which in November said UK sales had risen 6% during the first half of the year.
Half-year pre-tax profits jumped 17% to GBP6.5m (US$12.8m) thanks to rising sales of fine wines, the company said.
Majestic Wine has reported a good start to the new financial year due to sales of fine wines contributing to company growth....
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has recruited a new national account manager for the off-trade in its UK sales force....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Majestic Brands has brought California Cooler back to the US market....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a sparkling wine offering in the UK from its Montana wine brand....
Wines of South Africa (WOSA) has appointed a new manager for the UK market....
UK wine retailer Majestic saw pre-tax profits leap 17% to GBP6.5m (US$12.4m) for the first half of the year, as its fine wine sales grew strongly....
Chilean wine producer Viña Ventisquero has upped its presence on the UK high street....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research