US: Majestic Brands brings California Cooler back
Majestic Brands has brought California Cooler back to the US market.
The drink, which was initially launched in 1981 and at its peak sold over 20m cases per year, will return to the US after a 15-year hiatus, the company said yesterday (26 March). California Cooler consists of wine, fruit juice and infused fruit flavours.
"Most wine- and spirit-based beverages switched to malt during the '90s because of taxation and state-to-state shipping restrictions," said Majestic president and CEO Jason Kane. "The new California Cooler, in contrast, will be the only nationally available brand to use real wine and juice as well as infused natural fruit flavours." The drink will be available in Coastal Citrus, Pomegranate Berry, Cranberry Grapefruit and White Peach flavours.
Majestic Brands will initially roll out California Cooler initially to the western half of the US, expanding nationally by May. Packaged in six-packs retailing for around US$7.99, the drink will be available in supermarkets, convenience and liquor stores, with Majestic looking to eventually broaden its distribution to key international markets following its US rollout.
Majestic Wine has reported a good start to the new financial year due to sales of fine wines contributing to company growth....
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has recruited a new national account manager for the off-trade in its UK sales force....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a sparkling wine offering in the UK from its Montana wine brand....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends