US: Majestic Brands brings California Cooler back
Majestic Brands has brought California Cooler back to the US market.
The drink, which was initially launched in 1981 and at its peak sold over 20m cases per year, will return to the US after a 15-year hiatus, the company said yesterday (26 March). California Cooler consists of wine, fruit juice and infused fruit flavours.
"Most wine- and spirit-based beverages switched to malt during the '90s because of taxation and state-to-state shipping restrictions," said Majestic president and CEO Jason Kane. "The new California Cooler, in contrast, will be the only nationally available brand to use real wine and juice as well as infused natural fruit flavours." The drink will be available in Coastal Citrus, Pomegranate Berry, Cranberry Grapefruit and White Peach flavours.
Majestic Brands will initially roll out California Cooler initially to the western half of the US, expanding nationally by May. Packaged in six-packs retailing for around US$7.99, the drink will be available in supermarkets, convenience and liquor stores, with Majestic looking to eventually broaden its distribution to key international markets following its US rollout.
Majestic Wine has reported a good start to the new financial year due to sales of fine wines contributing to company growth....
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has recruited a new national account manager for the off-trade in its UK sales force....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a sparkling wine offering in the UK from its Montana wine brand....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research