UK: Maison Louis Latour appoints UK MD
Maison Louis Latour has appointed a former Constellation executive as managing director of its UK business.
The French wine company confirmed yesterday (28 November) that Dan Townsend, who left Constellation Europe earlier this year, assumed the position at Louis Latour Agencies earlier this month. Townsend replaces Alexander Nall, who retired from the company in June.
"This is a very important appointment for us and following an extensive search we are delighted to welcome Dan into the business," said Latour's managing director Louis-Fabrice Latour. "He joins us at an exciting time and I know that we will benefit from Dan's vast experience and track record of success, in spearheading our business in the UK."
Townsend had previously been UK trading director at Constellation Europe. He has also held posts at Scottish & Newcastle and Matthew Clark.
"I have been incredibly impressed with all aspects of the Louis Latour business, and I am really excited about the opportunity to drive sales of both Louis Latour Burgundy and their other French wines, as well as developing the UK business of our agency partners around the world," Townsend added.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
Fortune Brands' Beam Global Spirits & Wine appeared to be perfectly placed to swoop for Vin & Sprit, but yesterday's announcement that Pernod Ricard had won the Swedish company's hand surprised most o...
Having seen Chile blaze a trail in export markets, Argentina is now asserting itself in the international wine market. Moreover, writes Chris Losh, while Argentina boasts many of the same positive att...
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair are products from Constellation, Diageo and Cocoa Farm. To keep track of all the LIWF news see our diary every day....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has announced plans to launch an off-trade promotion across the US this summer to "celebrate all things Asian"....
Constellation Brands has created the new position of vice president for external affairs....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The chairman of Constellation Europe has left the company to become the new chief of Italian wine producer Gruppo Italiano Vini....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China