US: Maine Distilleries unveils new flavoured vodka
Maine Distilleries has added a new flavoured vodka to its Cold River range in the US.
Cold River Blueberry is a gluten-free vodka, which is made from Maine potato vodka flavoured with 100% wild Maine blueberries, the company said today (5 August).
The distiller has partnered with Wyman's, a leading US grower, packer and marketer of wild blueberries to produce the new addition.
"Wild blueberries are so closely linked with the identity of Maine that it made our first flavoured product an obvious choice," said Bob Harkins, a partner at Maine Distilleries.
Cold River Blueberry vodka will be produced in limited quantities and offered for sale at US retailers and restaurants from August.
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
January may be the time to look forward to the coming year but few in the drinks industry will be eyeing the coming year with relish. However, given the pessimistic tone of virtually every market and ...
Fortune Brands chief executive Bruce Carbonari has said he remains confident that the group's spirits arm, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, can ride out recession, despite a tumble in sales and profit....
California based wine and spirit company, Access Beverage has signed a letter of intent for the purchase of a 50% stake in European vodka company, Diamond Wodka....
Crown Imports has appointed Jim Sabia to the position of executive vice president of marketing in the US....
Slovakia has not violated the rights of SPI Group to the Stolichnaya vodka trademark, the country's Constitutional Court has ruled....
Pernod Ricard has signed fresh distribution deals for its drinks brands in the US with Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Republic National Distributing Company....
Drinks Americas has appointed two executives to its sales and marketing team....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends