SPAIN: Mahou-San Miguel to open international business unit
Mahou-San Miguel is looking to boost its international sales
Mahou-San Miguel has appointed the former CEO of Russian Standard International to head up its newly-created international business unit.
Jonathan Stordy will take up the position in January, the Madrid-headquartered brewer said yesterday (28 November). Stordy's task will be to raise its international business above the current 10% of total sales, the company said.
Mahou-San Miguel produces about 165m cases of beer each year and contributes to 75% of all beer exported out of Spain.
Stordy, originally from the UK, previously worked for Beam Inc, where he was Beam MD in Spain, Portugal and France. He took over Beam Global Spirits & Wine's UK division in June 2007 when the incumbent left the company. He became MD of Beam Europe before joining Russian Standard in 2010.
In September, Mahou-San Miguel started importing its Mahou beer into India in a tie-up with Indian firm VI-John Group.
Hats off to the folk at Buffalo Trace for seeing an opportunity where others have seen a problem....
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
Earlier today, Beam Inc reported a jump in Q1 net profits on the back of a lift in sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by brands and regions:...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China