SPAIN: Mahou-San Miguel buys Solan de Cabras
Mahou-San Miguel said it will focus on accelerating national and international development of Solan de Cabras
Spanish brewer Mahou-San Miguel has purchased local bottled water producer Solan de Cabras.
The deal, which includes the Bisol Solan de Cabras and Fruit Essentials brands, will strengthen the brewer's beverage portfolio, it said in a statement today (25 February). No financial details of the purchase were disclosed.
Mahou-San Miguel said it will focus on accelerating national and international development of Solan de Cabras, in a bid to make it the leading Spanish water brand. The brewer added that it hopes the purchase will help diversify its portfolio and strengthen its position in the Spanish beverage market.
"This will help us to meet even more the needs and tastes of our consumer, and at the same time strengthen the relationship with our customers and distributors," the firm said.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts