FRANCE: Magrez launches wine boutique in Paris
Bernard Magrez, millionaire and former owner of wine and spirits merchants William Pitters, has opened his own wine shop in Paris.
Magrez is the owner of 20 chateau in Bordeaux, including grand cru classé Chateau Pape Clément, and 12 more in France, California, Argentina, Morocco, Spain, Portugal and Uruguay.
Magrez said the aim of the shop, which opened on Wednesday (10th May), is to showcase wines from his entire range of over 90 different wines. The shop is called the Bernard Magrez Boutique, and will only stock wines made by him.
Magrez is also said to be planning another shop for Bordeaux, as well ones in London and New York.
Last year, Magrez sold the William Pitters spirits group to larger French drinks company Marie Brizard International.
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has seen first-half profits soar on the back of last year's acquisition of Marie Brizard....
French spirits group Belvedere saw legal and other charges turn a healthy profit into a loss in 2005....
Caribbean conglomerate CL Financial is to make a takeover offer for the remaining shares in French drinks group Belvedere after crossing the threshold of owning a third of the company, according to Fr...
French spirits group Belvédere has bought Château d'Esclans, a wine producer based between Le Muy and Callas in Provence....
French spirits group Belvedere has today (20 April) launched an offer to buy out the minority shareholders in Marie Brizard International....
French drinks group Marie Brizard saw net profit rise 22% last year to EUR11.9m (US$14.4m) as acquisitions helped drive revenues higher....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts