CANADA: Magnotta Winery Corporation sees profits slow in Q3
Magnotta Winery released its Q3 numbers yesterday
Magnotta Winery Corporation has posted a marked slide in net profits despite static sales in the third quarter of this year.
The Ontario-based wine producer said yesterday (14 December) that net profits for the three months to the end of October fell by 19% year-on-year, coming in at CAD654,171 (US$650,180). The decrease came despite a 0.5% rise in net sales in the period, reaching CAD7.47m.
Magnotta has a healthy first-half of 2010 to thank for its performance so far this year. For the first nine months of the year, net profits stand 50% up on the corresponding period in 2009, at CAD2.2m. Net sales have remained static thus far, inching up 1.1% to CAD19.8m.
The company noted, however, that stripping out a one-off item in 2009 would have meant net profits a year ago of CAD2.45m, meaning that net profits so far this year would actually be 9.9% down.
To read Magnotta's official announcement, click here.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research