CANADA: Magnotta Winery Corp to go private
Magnotta Winery Corp's controlling family has announced that it intends to buy all outstanding shares in the company and take it private.
The Magnotta family, which holds 60.47% of the group, has said that it plans to acquire all remaining shares in the firm for CAD2.9 (US$2.8) each. If the acquisition goes through, Magnotta Winery will go private.
The family said yesterday (21 November) that it has joined with another anonymous shareholder, which holds 15.95% of the Ontario-based winery, to push the deal through at a shareholder vote that will be held in January. It said that the offer price represents a 59% premium on the company's closing price on the Toronto Stock Exchange yesterday.
An independent committee convened by Magnotta's board of directors to examine the proposal has said that the deal represents fair value to shareholders.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future