UK: Magners to get fresh TV push
Magners cider is to get a fresh advertising push in the coming months to further build on booming sales across the UK.
The brand's owner, Irish drinks firm C&C Group, plans to launch a TV ad campaign backed by increased outdoor presence and radio advertising.
Magners volumes have soared 250% in the last six months as C&C completed the roll out of the brand throughout the UK.
The brand has enjoyed rising popularity thanks to its "over ice" proposition. Industry watchers have also suggested that Magners has benefited from consumers switching from RTDs to premium cider.
"Magners has become the 'must-stock' brand of the year," said marketing director Maurice Breen. "We've found that once consumers try Magners for themselves, they quickly add it to their portfolio of long alcoholic drinks and it then becomes a regular drink of choice."
Earlier this month, C&C said it will spend EUR200m (US$254.2m) expanding its cider production facilities in Ireland to meet the booming demand for Magners.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Lion Nathan has acquired Inner Circle Rum in Australia....
Spirits giant Bacardi is to stop manufacturing in the UK due to a slump in demand for RTDs. Bacardi-Martini, the company's UK arm, will cease production at its Southampton site later this year in a mo...
Coca-Cola Amatil has confirmed a change of company secretary. The Australia-based bottler, in which The Coca-Cola Co. owns a 32% stake, said today (14 February) that George Foster will assume the posi...
Lion Nathan has postponed plans to buy back shares worth A$200m (US$155m) as it eyes acquisition targets in Australia and New Zealand....
Japanese drinks group Suntory is reportedly planning to sell a range of coffee RTDs in Singapore and Malaysia....
German brewer Bitburger saw revenues rise over 4% in 2006 thanks largely to its sponsorship of last year's football World Cup....
California's Board of Equalization (BOE) has voted to conduct a review of how alcopops are classified and taxed in the state following concerns over underage drinking from high school seniors....
Coca-Cola Amatil has secured a deal to sell and distribute Maxxium Worldwide's spirits portfolio in Australia....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World