IRELAND: Magners GB chief quits C&C Group
The head of C&C Group's cider business in the UK has announced his resignation from the company, after only a year in the position.
John Holberry, who became managing director of the Irish company's Magners GB division said today (30 March) that he will leave the post in August. Holberry joined the firm in March last year from Coors Brewer, where he had been managing director of Coors' sale operations for seven years.
The announcement follows the appointment of the former CEO of Scottish & Newcastle, John Dunsmore, as C&C's CEO in November.
"I have enjoyed working in C&C and building the Magners GB team over the last year," said Holberry. "However the appointment of the new management team, headed by John Dunsmore, reduces the opportunities for me to develop my career.
"I will be working with John over the coming months to ensure a successful transition."
Dunsmore added: "We would like to thank John for his significant contribution to Magners GB since his appointment. We are delighted that he will work with us to ensure a smooth transition to the new management structure."
The news this week that Suntory has launched a binding offer to acquire Orangina Schweppes is another sign of the growing international aspirations of Japan's drinks groups. Alongside the mooted merge...
Carlsberg has confirmed that it plans to divest its stake in Vietnamese state-owned wine and tobacco company Vinataba....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has transferred production of Italian wine brand Canei to the grower's association in the the region....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has expanded the distribution of its Coors Light beer brand in the US....
The Edrington Group has secured a multiple grocer listing in the UK for the Select Reserve variant of its The Glenrothes single malt Scotch whisky brand....
Wirtz Beverage Group has appointed David Scott as general manager of wine for Wirtz Beverage Nevada and David Duncan as director of sales, wines for Wirtz Beverage Minnesota....
Lion Nathan is to distribute the Budweiser portfolio of brands in Australia from December, the company announced this week....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts