GERMANY: Magazine tests find Red Bull “lacking” - report
Red Bull has taken a hammering from a consumer magazine in Germany.
The energy drinks brand was found to contain too much sugar, too much caffeine, unnecessary vitamins and some questionable substances by Okotest magazine. The publication was running tests on 20 drinks by a group of German chemists.
Both Red Bull and Red Bull sugar-free were found to be "lacking", the report said. One chemist was cited as saying consumers were over-estimating the effects Red Bull has.
No-one was available for comment at Red Bull when contacted by just-drinks today (23 August).
Anheuser-Busch and Miller Brewing have been hit with subpoenas in the US over their sales and marketing of their caffeinated alcoholic drinks brands....
Energy drinks specialist Boo Koo Beverages has announced that it has signed up Spike Beverage as its exclusive distributor for Arizona....
American Enterprise Development Corporation (AEDC) is looking to up its presence on the American Football scene in the US....
Anheuser-Busch has announced plans to launch a lime-infused extension to its Bud Light brand in the US....
Jones Soda Co. has teamed up with Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air to serve its drinks on their daily flights....
DC Brands International has hired a new CFO in line with company expansion....
Boo Koo Holdings has lined up a consumer promotion for its namesake energy drink brand in the US....
Cesu Alus has posted a record year for sales in 2007....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research