SOUTH AFRICA: Mad Bull "red" flagged by court
A Pretoria High Court has found a South African energy drinks producer in breach of the internationally renowned Red Bull trademark and ordered it to cease using the trade name Mad Bull. Rizo Investments (Pty) LTD from Johannesburg aggressively launched Mad Bull in 2000 and was shortly thereafter approached by representatives of the Austrian-based Red Bull to desist from using the name. It failed to do so, leading to the court action.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory