US: MacTarnahan turns 21 with ale relaunch
MacTarnahan's Brewing Company is to reintroduce one of its beers to celebrate its birthday.
The Oregon-based craft brewer, which is an affiliate of Pyramid Breweries, said yesterday that MacTarnahan's Amber Ale will be released as part of the brewer's 21st anniversary.
"MacTarnahan's is a Portland original, a pioneer, and one of the most loved brews in the booming craft beer category," said Scott Barnum, president and CEO of Pyramid Breweries.
"Mac's has been kind of 'low-key' the last couple of years and so we're celebrating its 21st birthday with a big bang! Now that Mac's is of 'legal age,' we're giving the brand some new clothes and some spending money to mark the occasion."
The label and packaging has also been redesigned as part of the launch. The packaging features a diagonal banner with the red MacTarnahan's logotype displayed on a green and tan background, accompanied by a stamp stating, 'Portland's Original Amber Ale.'
MacTarnahan's Brewing Co. was founded in Portland, Oregon in 1986.
Pyramid Breweries has introduced the first in its 'Brewer's Reserve' limited edition line of speciality beers....
Pyramid Breweries has reversed its first half losses, despite a slight dip in sales....
Pyramid Breweries has changed its board of directors following one resignation and one new election....
Pyramid Breweries has posted a healthy net income rise in its Q1 thanks to the divestment of a soft drinks brand....
A tax payment worth US$700,000 has led to US craft brewer Pyramid Breweries posting a loss for 2006. Pyramid, based in Seattle, reported an annual net loss of US$1.6m, up from a loss of US$1.1m a year...
US craft brewer Pyramid Breweries has added to its board of directors....
US craft brewer Pyramid Breweries has sold its Thomas Kemper soda brand to a private-equity-backed group for US$3.1m....
Pyramid Breweries has announced that gross sales for the third quarter of 2006 stood at US$15.8m, a 10% increase on the same quarter last year....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends