FRANCE: MACSF pays EUR200m for Château Lascombes
French health insurance group MACSF has announced the acquisition of Bordeaux's Château Lascombes from private equity group Colony Capital in a deal valued at around EUR200m (US$281.2m).
The estate, which comprises around 110 hectares of vineyards, is the leading volume producer of the Margaux AOC, with an annual production over 500,000 bottles. It exports most of its wines, the principal market being the US.
MACSF said the move will allow it to diversify its assets and benefit from “the immutable classification of grand cru 1855”.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends