US: Macallan, Lalique launch second rare decantered whisky
The Macallan and French crystal house Lalique have collaborated in the launch of a second limited edition decanter, containing a rare single malt whisky, due to roll out across the US next year.
The partnership said today (8 November) that 'The Natural Colour decanter' is the second in what is planned to be a series of six based on "The Macallan's Six Pillars" and will contain the Macallan 55 years old single malt whisky.
The Macallan US brand manager at Rémy Cointreau USA Eric Maldonado said: "The first Lalique decanter, containing The Macallan 50 Years Old single malt, was launched in 2005 and proved a huge success. Since then we have seen an increase in demand for our rarer whiskies, proof that we were moving in the right direction by extending our partnership with Lalique to produce a series of decanters containing the finest The Macallan single malt."
Lalique North America president and CEO Guillaume Gauthereau, president added: "The Natural Colour decanter was created by our design team in Paris and is based on the classic Paquerettes tiara perfume bottle designed by Rene Lalique in 1910. It is a mix of masculine and feminine shapes and the stopper is made in amber coloured crystal, one of the most difficult colours for crystal makers to achieve."
Only 420 of The Macallan 55 Years Old in Lalique will be produced and will be available from selected boutiques in the US, UK, Asia and Russia, with 100 of these going to the US next January.
Each decanter, retailing at US$12,000, will bear the 'Lalique France' signature and will be presented in a leather and silk presentation box, with a crystal stopper and a leather-bound collector's guide.
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
Malt whisky continues to outpace the growth of blended Scotch and its leading brands are putting in stellar performances. But as a new report from just-drinks explains, a closer look reveals a categor...
Scotch whisky export value and volume reached record levels last year, according to industry figures released today (30 April)....
Inver House Distillers has reported a healthy set of results for its latest fiscal year....
The Edrington Group has released its oldest ever offering of Highland Park in the UK market, as part of its core range of single malts....
Davide Campari-Milano has announced details of its latest dividend payment....
Pernod Ricard has launched the first website for its Scotch whisky brand Royal Salute, with "striking" visuals which, the company says, is designed to emphasise the brands prestigious and luxury statu...
The Edrington Group has announced an addition to its board of directors, with the creation of the new post of group strategy director....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report