FRANCE: LVMH toasts Q3 sales jump
- Champagne rebound continues
- Asia's thirst for Hennessy Cognac accelerates
- Upbeat on full-year outlook
Asia's thirst for Hennessy Cognac continues to grow
Rebounding demand for Champagne and ongoing thirst for Cognac in Asia have helped Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) to a strong sales rise in its fiscal third quarter.
Net sales rose by 24% for the three months to the end of September, reaching EUR5.1bn (US$7.1bn), according to figures published by LVMH today (14 October). For the first nine months of 2010, sales rose by 19% on the same period of 2009, to EUR14.2bn.
A rebound in demand for Champagne in 2010 has helped the firm's wine and spirits division, Moet Hennessy, to report the second strongest sales growth in the business for the first nine months of the year.
"As distributors’ stocks returned to optimum levels, the performance of the champagne business in the third quarter reflected the good return of consumer demand," said Moet & Chandon producer. There was, however, some destocking in the US during September.
Cognac sales in Asia also remained strong. "Hennessy cognac continued to perform well and saw, in particular, an acceleration of its growth rate in Asia in the third quarter," said the group.
"The group will continue its proactive strategy focused on innovation and targeted geographical expansion in the most promising markets," it said. Like-for-like sales, excluding currency gains, rose by 14% for both the nine-month period and the third quarter.
For comment on LVMH Champagne sales, including quotes from the firm's results conference call, click here.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages