FRANCE: LVMH poised to sell Pommery
Pommery has annual sales of around EUR100 million. LVMH acquired the company from BSN (now Danone) in 1990 but from a distribution point of view it has always been kept separate from the other LVMH-owned Champagne brands such as Moet & Chandon and Veuve Clicquot.
In spite of attempts by LVMH to re-vamp Pommery, with initiatives such as its Pop brand aimed at nightclubs, Pommery has suffered over the past year or so. The brand suffered acutely from the post-Millennial Champagne slump, with sales declining by 50% to 4 million bottles last year.
While LVMH's intentions appear to be clear, it is less certain who might be interested in acquiring Pommery. According to reports, a couple of large Champagne co-operatives have taken a look at Pommery but decided against it. Vranken Monopole is another company tipped as a likely buyer but it too has said it is not interested in Pommery. Moet-Hennessy has declined to comment on the current speculation.
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton said today that it had seen organic sales growth of 11% in the first quarter of 2005. Consolidated sales were €3,082m for the period....
French food giant Danone is willing to buy the 44% it doesn't already own in its Spanish subsidiary for €1.8bn, Spanish newspaper Cinco Dias has reported....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Groupe Danone is keen to follow other global food and drink companies into Russia's bottled water and beverage market, according to local reports....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Leelex to open Portobello Road gin distillery
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends