FRANCE: LVMH Moët Hennessy shrugs off economic jitters in Q3
Strong demand for Chamagne and Cognac has ensured that Moët Hennessy continued to increase sales in the third quarter of 2011.
The wine and spirits arm of luxury goods group LVMH reported sales up by 3% for the three months to the end of September, to EUR871m (US$1.2bn). The rise suggests the Hennessy Cognac producer has lost some momentum from the first half of the year, when sales rose by 10% thanks to a particularly strong performance around Chinese New Year.
However, despite fears of a fresh global economic crisis, the French firm said that it contiunes to see rebounding demand for Champagne and strong thirst for Cognac in Asia. For the first nine months of the year, Moët Hennessy reported net sales up by 7% to EUR2.3bn.
The overall LVMH group reported nine-month sales up by 15%, to EUR16.3bn. "The excellent performance of LVMH in the first nine months has confirmed its confidence for the remainder of 2011," it said.
For the company's announcement, click here.
Much has been written about the continued growth potential for imported spirits in China, but a new report from The IWSR examines the special position the traditional spirit, baijiu, holds in the Chin...
Moët Hennessy has signed a joint-veture deal to produce a high-end red wine inside China....
Rebounding Champagne sales and the Asian thirst for Cognac have propelled Moet Hennessy to strong rises in sales and profits in 2011....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research