US: LVMH launches Hennessy limited edition for Obama inauguration
LVMH Moet Hennessy-Louis Vuitton has released a limited edition bottling of its Hennessy Cognac brand for the US.
The company said yesterday (15 January) that the Hennessy 44 Limited Edition bottle, released earlier this week, has been produced in honour of Barack Obama's inauguration as the 44th President of the US next week.
The bottle will feature a redesigned label, black capsule, and a 44 seal featuring the date of the inauguration. A total of 180,000 750ml, numbered bottles have been produced and went on sale in Washington DC, Maryland, Illinois, Metro New York, and Georgia from 12 January.
A percentage of the proceeds from the limited edition run will be donated to the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, an organisation set up to provide scholarships, resources, opportunities, and advocacy to help the next generation of leaders.
"Through the launch of the Hennessy 44 Limited Edition bottle and our continued partnership with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund we further cement our dedication to supporting local communities and cultivating those with great potential," said Mark Cornell, president and CEO of Moet Hennessy USA.
The inauguration of Barack Obama as the next president of the US is set to take place on Tuesday (20 January).
Foreign investment has brought valuable marketing nous to China's rice wine-based spirits category but, Mark Godfrey writes from Beijing, there has so far been little change in the balance of power in...
Cognac sales have probably reached their lowest point, according to trade body the Bureau National Interprofessionnel de Cognac (BNIC)....
Tim Condron is to leave Beam Global Spirits & Wine to become vice president of sales and marketing for the Beam Global portfolio at distributor Southern Wine & Spirits of America....
French spirits body Fédération Française des Spiritueux has named Jean-Pierre Lacarrière as its new president....
Grand Marnier parent company Marnier-Lapostolle has announced a new senior sales team....
French drinks group Marnier-Lapostolle has revamped the bottle design for its Grand Marnier Navan, the vanilla-flavoured Cognac liqueur....
CL WorldBrands has launched Hine Antique XO Cognac at this week's Vinexpo wine show, putting its faith in Cognac lovers' willingness to continue spending money on luxury drinks in the economic downtur...
Drinks Americas Holdings has closed a private placement of debt to one investor that will result in the immediate funding of US$375,000 in cash for the company with deferred advances aggregating $2,62...
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages