US: LVMH gives Moet & Chandon golfing push with PGA of America
LVMH's Moet & Chandon brand has sponsored a range of sports events
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has announced its Moet & Chandon brand will be the official champagne of golf's PGA of America.
The deal marks the brands first entry into the golf sponsorship market, the company said yesterday (12 July). September's Ryder Cup tournament in Medinah, Illinois, will be the first tournament covered by the agreement.
Moet & Chandon will feature at “commemorative moments” of the competitions, including trophey presentation. The company will also hand out logoed commemorative mini Moet bottles to people attending the events.
Moet & Chandon has sponsored a range of sporting events, including the Vanderbilt Cup, Formula One, the Le Mans 24-hour race and sailing's America's Cup.
In January, LVMH appointed Stephane Baschiera to CEO of Champagne business Moët & Chandon.
Poor weather means there will be no 2012 vintage of the prestigious Château d'Yquem - a Sauternes premier cru supérieur....
Berry Bros & Rudd have appointed two new directors, including an eighth-generation member of the founding family....
TalkingRain Beverage's Sparkling Ice brand is to be the official flavoured water of the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA)....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"