FRANCE: LVMH brings in HR director
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has appointed a new director of human resources.
Chantal Gaemperlé, 44, joins the French group from Nestlé , where she was head of corporate management development and sourcing since 2001.
Gaemperlé will join the group in March as a member of the executive committee, and succeeds Concetta Lanciaux who is retiring from the group to take up an external post as head of a new strategic consultancy.
"We are delighted to welcome Chantal Gaemperlé to LVMH where she will bring a great deal of talent, energy and experience," said Bernard Arnault, LVMH's chairman and CEO.
"I thank Madame Lanciaux for the exceptional quality of her work over the past twenty years and wish her every success with her new enterprise."
Late last year, LVMH said that sales from its beverage alcohol business in the first nine months of 2006 rose by 12% year-on-year, coming in at EUR1.9bn (US$2.4bn). The figure contrasted against a 16% year-on-year leap in sales for the first half of 2006.
This week's announcement by UK legislators of the latest plan to tackle alcohol abuse in England is the clearest sign yet that the government is ready to tackle the problem head-on, regardless of the ...
The European Agriculture Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel has unveiled the detailed plans for reform of the European wine sector, following a year of consultation. As expected, there has been some wa...
Lower alcohol beverages (LABs) are a growing segment of the drinks market as consumer and government concern over alcohol consumption continues to mount. A new paper from the International Center for ...
Diageo North America has launched a multi-million dollar ad campaign for Smirnoff Source, its latest brand offering that combines pure spring water and alcohol....
Sainsbury's has added a new range of low-alcohol wines to its shelves....
Foster's Group has confirmed that it will reduce the alcohol level of its Victoria Bitter beer in Australia. The drinks company told just-drinks today (4 July) that the iconic brand - which accounts f...
Diageo has launched a new television campaign for Crown Royal in the US in an effort to promote responsible drinking....
Skatteverket, Sweden's National Taxation Office, has signalled that it may ask the Government to provide it with new legal powers to force online alcohol sales companies to disclose the names of their...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer