FRANCE: LVMH appoints Moet & Chandon CEO
Stephane Baschiera to be CEO of Champagne business Moët & Chandon
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has promoted Stephane Baschiera to CEO of Champagne business Moët & Chandon.
Baschiera, who will take up the role in March, has been CEO of LVMH's Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne business since 2009. At Moët & Chandon he will replace Daniel Lalonde, who left the business last month to become president of Ralph Lauren International.
Baschiera has been with Moët Hennessy since 1996, having been commercial director of Moët Hennessy Diageo France, director of Moët Hennessy in Italy, and then CEO of Maison Ruinart.
He will be succeeded in his current position at Veuve Clicquot by Jean-Marc Lacave, who is CEO of LVMH's watches and jewelry business in Asia.
In the whisky category, it would appear that, while the big are getting bigger, the small are getting... more proliferative. This month, Ian Buxton considers the boom in craft distillers and flags up ...
These days, mergers and acquisitions appear to be the main ways to own a big spirits brand. Patience Gould, for one, misses the days of building a brand from scratch. Is nurture no more?...
Diageo confirmed yesterday (6 June) that it will invest heavily in its Scotch whisky production capabilities going forward....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts