FRANCE: LVMH appoints Moet & Chandon CEO
Stephane Baschiera to be CEO of Champagne business Moët & Chandon
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has promoted Stephane Baschiera to CEO of Champagne business Moët & Chandon.
Baschiera, who will take up the role in March, has been CEO of LVMH's Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne business since 2009. At Moët & Chandon he will replace Daniel Lalonde, who left the business last month to become president of Ralph Lauren International.
Baschiera has been with Moët Hennessy since 1996, having been commercial director of Moët Hennessy Diageo France, director of Moët Hennessy in Italy, and then CEO of Maison Ruinart.
He will be succeeded in his current position at Veuve Clicquot by Jean-Marc Lacave, who is CEO of LVMH's watches and jewelry business in Asia.
In the whisky category, it would appear that, while the big are getting bigger, the small are getting... more proliferative. This month, Ian Buxton considers the boom in craft distillers and flags up ...
These days, mergers and acquisitions appear to be the main ways to own a big spirits brand. Patience Gould, for one, misses the days of building a brand from scratch. Is nurture no more?...
Diageo confirmed yesterday (6 June) that it will invest heavily in its Scotch whisky production capabilities going forward....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research