FRANCE: LVMH announces 12% sales growth for first half
Leading luxury goods group Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) has announced a consolidated sales increase of 12% in the first half of 2001, compared to the first half of 2000. Commenting on its wine and spirits division the company said: "Sales in wines and spirits improved in the second quarter 2001 to reach E5643m (US$4.7bn) and heavy stocking at distributor level continued to weigh on sales of Champagne, especially in the US. However, there are signs that these stock levels are falling.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk