Luxco to build Kentucky distillery
Luxco makes the Blood Oath range of Bourbons
Luxco is to start work this year on a new distillery in Kentucky's Bourbon heartland.
The St Louis, Missouri-based spirits & wine producer, which owns the Rebel Yell and Blood Oath Bourbon brands, said the new facility will be built on a 70-acre site in Bardstown. Construction will begin in the Summer and complete by late 2017.
Financial details have not been disclosed.
"Building this distillery will allow us to control our own production as well as offer us the ability to experiment with new and innovative mash bills, barrel types and ageing techniques," said David Bratcher, president and COO of Luxco.
When finished, the distillery will be about 18,000 square feet, have six barrel warehouses and will employ an estimated 34 people. The distillery will feature a tasting room and event space and will offer visitors a new stop on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, Luxco said.
Luxco imports and produces a number of brands including Juarez Tequila & Triple Sec, Pearl Vodka, Brendan's Irish Cream and Salvador's Cocktails. Alongside Rebel Yell and Blood Oath Bourbons, the company also makes Ezra Brooks. Last week, Luxco announced the second in its Blood Oath range.
In 2014, the company took a 50% share in craft Kentucky distiller Limestone Branch.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends