UK: Luxardo relaunches sambuca brand, adds flavours
Luxardo, the Italian liqueurs group, is relaunching its namesake sambuca brand, together with a new range of flavoured varieties, on the UK market.
The UK will be the first market for the rebranded original Luxardo Sambuca, plus black, cream, cranberry, pomegranate, spiced apple and raspberry styles.
Cellar Trends, the UK distributor for Luxardo, said this week that it will launch a nationwide promotion campaign, including on-trade training, point-of-sale ads and "bespoke" publicity.
All the Luxardo varieties are 38% abv, except Luxardo Cream Sambuca Liqueur, which is 17% abv. All carry recommended retail prices of between GBP12.99 and GBP15.99, a Cellar Trends spokesperson told just-drinks.
"The Luxardo logo now has greater brand stand-out and sambuca is named prominently on the labels," said Catherine Rigby, marketing manager for Luxardo at Cellar Trends.
"Adding a twist to the popular anise of the original Luxardo Sambuca, these are adventurous new flavours that can be enjoyed on their own, and are also versatile for cocktails."
Luxardo claims to hold a 61% share of the UK's white and black sambuca markets.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research