US: Luna launches drink mix for women
Luna, a California-based nutrition company, has launched Luna Elixir, which it claims is the first organic drink mix formulated specifically for the nutritional needs of women.
The company said the portable drink mix creates a new category within the Luna brand, "further highlighting the company's leadership position in women's health and nutrition and commitment to overall well-being".
Luna said research suggested women are chronically under-hydrated and bored with drinking plain water. In a recent survey the company conducted, almost a third of respondents were shown not to be drinking enough water, while almost half of the respondents said they would drink more water if it tasted better.
"The benefits of hydration go beyond quenching thirst: staying hydrated aides in digestion, reduces the risk of disease and infection, and encourages healthy skin, among other benefits," said the company's nutrition strategist Tara DelloIacono Thies.
"Luna Elixir is the perfect portable option for women wanting to find tasty ways to stay hydrated, while also obtaining essential vitamins and minerals."
Each drink contains 50 calories, and has 70% organic ingredients with no artificial sweeteners or flavours. It also contains eight vitamins and folic acid. The company said the beverage, which is packaged in a sachet, will be available nationwide with immediate effect, with a suggested retail price of US$1.29.
Retailers which will be stocking the drink include Whole Foods Market, Wild Oats Market, Amazon.com and Drugstore.com.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets