US: Luctor introduces triple espresso vodka
Luctor International has launched a third addition to its Van Gogh vodka line in the US.
The Florida-based company said yesterday (24 March) that its 90% proof Van Gogh Triple Shot Espresso vodka, which has more added caffeine than its Double Espresso variant, is due to roll out across the US next month.
Luctor's founder and president David van de Velde said: "The demand for our espresso flavours developed organically, without advertising or expensive marketing. Espresso and Double Espresso first gained strong bartender support, which then translated to widespread consumer loyalty. Now, with Triple Shot Espresso, consumers have an additional flavour option and we essentially own the coffee-flavoured vodka category."
"Espresso, then Double Espresso first took off in Baltimore, Maryland. Then, strictly advanced by consumer demand, these flavours spread to Virginia, New Jersey, South Carolina and across the east coast. This is truly an underground movement driven by brand loyalists on both sides of the bar," added van de Velde.
Van Gogh Vodka produces flavours including Acai-Blueberry, Banana, Coconut, Pineapple, Pomegranate and Wild Appel vodkas.
Absolut vodka may have been eating up the column inches this year, but another privately-owned Russian producer has also been hitting the headlines. Last week, Chris Mercer visited the home of Russian...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Drinks Americas has cut its net loss in the first quarter, but suffered a dip in sales....
Constellation Brands is looking to double its wine sales in Russia over the next three years, after appointing a permanent sales director in the country....
The Marin Institute has attacked alcohol companies in the US for failing to provide an adequate complaint system for advertising in the country....
Rémy Cointreau has unveiled a new marketing and distribution partnership in Europe with William Grant & Sons, as the French group prepares for life after Maxxium....
Drinks Americas has lined up the purchase of a majority stake in Netherlands-based Olifant Vodka....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets