UK: Lucozade takes to the roads
GlaxoSmithKline is giving a fresh push to its Lucozade brand in the UK with a campaign aimed at the country's holidaymakers this summer.
The company has spent over GBP2m (US$3.7m) on a campaign advertising the brand on garage forecourts and at motorway service stations throughout the UK.
The country's 24 largest service stations will also play host to what GlaxoSmithKline has dubbed the 'Lucozade Energy Experience'. Consumers will be able to sample the product and invited into a "re-energising" experience capsule, where they will be challenged to win prizes by collecting as many Lucozade Energy balls as possible.
Lucy Colman, brand manager for Lucozade Energy at GlaxoSmithKline said today (7 July): "This will be the first time that Lucozade Energy has been part of a sampling campaign and we hope to reach at least 1m people through this activity."
The recently-launched apple-flavoured Lucozade will also be given prominence in the campaign, Colman added.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Comment - What on Earth is a Liqueur?
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future